Thursday 13 October 2011

DTT for History of childhood.........

I'm really hoping that I'm prepared for our lesson this week.... I've spent loads of time reading.... I'm just not sure it's quite sunk in!

Myself and my buddy's decided to read a chapter from The History of Childhood.... And we chose to research Punishment in schools and universities. After reading my reading I've found that the 18th century was probably one of the most difficult times to be a child. There was a low opinion of children and the punishments in place were very cruel. I have been left wondering where is the happy medium....

I've also looked at The Warwick library to find books relating to The History of childhood.... These are some I found , and the links to them :-)



http://webcat.warwick.ac.uk/record=b2522642~S1

Developing Early childhood studies: Past , present and future.
Published Open University 2011

http://webcat.warwick.ac.uk/record=b2340973~S1

Early Childhood education: Yesterday , today and Tomorrow.
Suzanne L Krogh and Kristine L Slentz 2011

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean buddy!! It doesn't sound like a lot of laughs!! Makes me feel very grateful for my happy childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyway you could put dates on your references please??? you have done such a lot of work.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Bobby... We are lucky to have been 80's babies! Ooops... Yes Lin will get to it x

    ReplyDelete