Wednesday 5 October 2011

3 Blogs in 1 night....

Oh my , I have got a lot to say for myself today!
I read an article earlier this week about decreasing numbers for adoption. After reading it , and making notes , I felt sorry for our Social worker's. Seemed to me as though this article , and the Children's minister , felt that they are to blame. My opinion is that Social worker's are binded by allot of Red tape and simply do not have the power to make a decision on what is best for a child , without following a lengthy legal process.
Although I have a feeling I may be slightly biased as my sister is a Social worker for a children's team. If you get a chance to have a read through it I'd really appreciate you thoughts too :-)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/just-60-babies-a-year-adopted-in-england-2362687.html


I have spent a lovely evening having a chin wag and assembling flat pack furniture with one of my friends tonight..... I haven't been slacking though :-) Claire gave me some great tips on Harvard referencing!
She strongly recommended making a clear note of all references.... Paging down and typing them as you go
And to use your 'Sort' option on your computer to put them in alphabetical order once you've finished!
So pleased she shared this with me..... Otherwise I have a feeling I would have spent an age sorting through them :-) Clever Claire.... She also volunteered to be my proof reader!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Cher! I think Social workers get really bad press and are used as a 'scape goat' for a lot of things...Only 60 Babies were adopted but they don't tell you about all the older children that were adopted or how long the whole adoption process is! The articles are very bias and always seem to show social workers in a bad light no wonder people who would actually benefit from their help disregard them so quickly!!
    (Can you tell that we are both related to social workers?!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cher you really are becoming an excellent blogger! I agree about the adoption process i think to many babies/children are not getting enough care that they need speedily. I watched a documentary i posted about social workers called child protectors you might want to watch in one case study the children were smearing their nappies on the windows and living in very poor conditions and the social worker try's to put the children into temporary care until the case is assessed, she go's to the fraternal grandparent who rejects the offer to take them in on a temporary basis...this says it all! The social worker manages to talk her into taking them in very interesting documentary but very sad too x

    ReplyDelete