Wednesday 14 December 2011

Panorama:The truth about adoption

I really enjoyed watching this. I found it emotional, but very worth while!
I was surprised at the similarities in the cases reported and the honesty of the social workers when discussing with the children their past , present and future. In fact , maybe a little too honest in my opinion. There were also parts of the documentary that did not surprise me. Children being in the care system for years at a time, incomplete records leading to delays in cases, parents fighting their cause creating more confusion , and the distress these children showed.

After watching this first at home and then discussing it with my class mates I realised that I may have taken the programme at face value. It didn't occur to me that this film could be biased, cherry picking the families that took part. Just goes to show what value my school friends have! :-)

I truly hope that the children filmed find happiness and 'New' mummy's and daddy's, and that our adoption service can be improved for all those involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b019307z/

No comments:

Post a Comment