Tuesday 10 January 2012

Vygotsky and Piaget-Development Theories. (Group presentation.)

This was my first experience of creating a presentation.
Myself, Bobby, and Saudah decided our topic, and divided the work. I had the task of comparing Vygotsky's and Piaget's theories and their critics.

Using the knowledge I already had, from our studies in class and my own reading, I set about gathering further information to add to our presentation. The reading material I chose from the library gave me a further understanding of the differences between Vygotsky and Piaget, and introduced me to other theorists that were inspired by their work.
By researching other theorists I was then able to pull together the criticisms and the evidence their critics produced. Once I had found this information I searched for online clips to bring these alternative views to life for my class mates.
I chose to use a clip that illustrates Martin Hughes 'Policeman task' and Piaget's 'Three Mountains'. In these clips we see that Piaget believed that a child can only see through their own perspective, however critics disagree. The Policeman experiment shows that children can see from another's point of view, but only when it is explained in a form they can understand. The Policeman task is said to be successful because children relate the experiment to games such as hide and seek.

After finding the information I wanted to use, I then produced slides to be combined with my groups explanation of the two theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment